Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (chemistry) Having a pH less than 7, or being sour, or having the strength to neutralize alkalis, or turning a litmus paper red.
- (mineralogy) Containing a high percentage of silica; opposed to basic.
- Of or relating to acid; having the character of an acid.
- an acidic solution
- (having pH less than 7): basic
chemistry: having pH less than 7
mineralogy: containing a high percentage of silica
of or relating to acid
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked