Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To destroy; to destruct.
- They demolished the old house and put up four townhouses.
- (transitive, figuratively) To utterly defeat (as in a theory, belief or opponent).
2011 October 2, Kevin Core, “Fulham 6 - 0 QPR”, in BBC Sport:
- Andrew Johnson scored a hat-trick as Fulham demolished London rivals Queens Park Rangers to win their Premier League fixture of the season.
- See also Wikisaurus:destroy
- “demolish”, in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2017.