Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- illuminatour (obsolete, rare)
illuminator (plural illuminators)
- Agent noun of illuminate; one who illuminates; an explainer.
- An artist who adds illustrations and decorations to illuminated manuscriptsW.
2013 September-October, Henry Petroski, “The Evolution of Eyeglasses”, in American Scientist:
- The ability of a segment of a glass sphere to magnify whatever is placed before it was known around the year 1000, when the spherical segment was called a reading stone, […] . Scribes, illuminators, and scholars held such stones directly over manuscript pages as an aid in seeing what was being written, drawn, or read.
- second-person singular future passive imperative of
- third-person singular future passive imperative of