- The fact or state of being in; existence in something else.
- Inherence; inherent existence; indwelling; immanence.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of I. Watts to this entry?)
- Inward or essential nature; that which a thing is in itself.
- (obsolete, applied to the persons of the Trinity) An indwelling being.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for inbeing in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)