Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Independency
- (obsolete) Independence.
- 1776 August 11, William Howe and Richard Howe, letter sent from North America to Europe with a copy of the United States Declaration of Independence:
- A printed copy of this Declaration of Independency came accidentally to our hands a few days after the dispatch of the Mercury packet, and we have the honor to enclose it.
- 1860 William Makepeace Thackeray, Lovel, the Widower, Chapter 1:
- I found myself in possession of a small independency
- An independent territory or state.