- (UK) IPA(key): /ɪˈnɛk.səɹ.ə.bli/
- (US) IPA(key): /ɪnˈɛk.sɚ.ə.bli /, /ɪˈnɛk.sɚ.ə.bli/
Audio (US) (file)
- In an inexorable manner; without the possibility of stopping or prevention.
- We watched as the storm clouds advanced inexorably closer to us.
- 2003, Matrix Reloaded, The Architect
- While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
- 2007, Scott Smith, The Ruins, page 136
- Later, they all felt guilty about having laughed, especially when it looked as if she might not be able to walk again. But she did, eventually—implacably, inexorably—with a slight limp, perhaps, although this was barely noticeable, not noticeable at all, really, unless you knew the story, unless you were watching for it.
- 2000, Mark Gatiss, Last of the Gaderene, chapter 27
- The strange group of villagers shuffled inexorably forward.
in an inexorable manner; relentlessly