Jump to navigation Jump to search
- That cannot be explained.
- 1881, Margaret O. (Wilson) Oliphant, The Open Door, and the Portrait.:
- The rider himself after a time becomes infected with this inexplainable desperation of terror, and I suppose I must have done so; but for a time I kept the upper hand.
- 1910, Anna Katharine Green, The House of the Whispering Pines:
- […] kneeling down before my dead betrothed, I kissed her cold white hand with sincere compunction, before attempting the garbled and probably totally incoherent story with which I endeavoured to explain the inexplainable situation.