Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- institutionalisation (Commonwealth)
Derived from institution.
institutionalization (plural institutionalizations)
- the process of establishing a practice as a norm
- The government began the institutionalization of background checks for internet users.
- the process of committing a person to a facility where their freedom to leave will be restrained, usually a mental hospital
- The institutionalization of Syd Barrett was a major event in the history of the rock group Pink Floyd.