Jump to navigation Jump to search
interlude (plural interludes)
- An intervening episode, etc.
- An entertainment between the acts of a play.
- (music) A short piece put between the parts of a longer composition.
intervening episode etc
entertainment between the acts of a play
short piece put between the parts of a longer composition
- (transitive) To provide with an interlude.
- 2007 February 18, Tammy La Gorce, “Between Songs, Interludes That Fall Upon Deaf Ears”, in New York Times:
- Jimmy Jam, co-producer of Ms. Jackson’s heavily interluded and influential 1989 album, “Rhythm Nation 1814” (and producer of a forthcoming album by Usher with interludes), also defended them.