jaileress (plural jaileresses)
- (obsolete) A female jailer.
- 1870, Frances Eastwood, Geoffrey the Lollard, page 171:
- Sit down here, and let me cover you with my cloak, and we will eat the supper our good jaileresses have provided; we have had nothing since daybreak.
- 1891, George Du Maurier, Peter Ibbetson, page 201:
- As I got near to the avenue gate, instead of the school on my left there was a prison ; and at the door a little thick -set jailer, three feet high and much deformed, and a little deformed jaileress no bigger than himself, were cunningly watching me out of the corners of their eyes, and toothlessly smiling.