Jump to navigation Jump to search
Variant of janker.
jinker (plural jinkers)
- (Australia) A high wheeled wagon designed to carry lumber suspended under the body of the vehicle.
- 1938, Xavier Herbert, Capricornia, New York: D. Appleton-Century, 1943, Chapter XI, p. 179, 
- Near the homestead they came upon Peter sitting on the shaft of a jinker, crooning a corroboree song and gazing so intently at the coffin-like ridge that he did not see them.
- 1985, Peter Carey, Illywhacker, Faber and Faber 2003, p. 155:
- He stood in the jinker and gave the horse a great thwack on the backside with the end of the reins.
- 1938, Xavier Herbert, Capricornia, New York: D. Appleton-Century, 1943, Chapter XI, p. 179,