Jump to navigation Jump to search
jointing (plural jointings)
- The act of making a joint.
- The set of joints so produced.
- (uncountable) The characteristic of having joints.
- 1900 December – 1901 August, H[erbert] G[eorge] Wells, “chapter 24”, in The First Men in the Moon, London: George Newnes, […], published 1901, OCLC 843386372:
- I have already made it clear, I think, that the Selenites I saw resembled man in maintaining the erect attitude, and in having four limbs, and I have compared the general appearance of their heads and the jointing of their limbs to that of insects.
- The initial grinding of the teeth of a cutting tool, prior to sharpening.