Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The action of grinding together or crushing into small particles.
- Ominous creakings and grindings came from the innards of the machine.
- (dance) A form of dance in which two people rub their bodies together.
- (roleplaying games, gaming) Repeatedly performing the same quest or similar in-game activity in order to amass points or wealth.
The action of grinding or crushing into small particles
A form of dance
Repeating the same action in a videogame for experience
grinding (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to the act or sound of grinding.
- The meeting came to a grinding halt when the two sides could not agree.
- Relentlessly taxing; burdensome; exacting to the point of exhaustion.
- A week of filled with grinding toil.
- 1983 April 16, John Kyper, “Cuba: A Little Sex, No Drugs, and Lotsa Rock 'n Roll”, in Gay Community News, page 8:
- I saw none of the grinding poverty to which I had become inured, no beggars, no one passed out in the streets or homeless people forced to camp out in parks and doorways.
- (obsolete) Crushing; oppressive; overwhelming.