Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Burdensome or difficult to bear.
- The oppressive tax laws made it difficult to start a small company.
- Tyrannical or exercising unjust power.
- Weighing heavily on the spirit; intense, or overwhelming.
- Will the oppressive heat of summer never end?
- (of the weather) Hot and humid.
burdensome or difficult to bear
tyrannical or exercising unjust power
overpowering or overwhelming
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked