Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
jollification (plural jollifications)
- A merrymaking; noisy festivity.
- 1872, Sheridan Le Fanu, "Mr. Justice Harbottle," Chapter 2, in In a Glass Darkly, 
- […] old Judge Harbottle had arranged one of his dubious jollifications, such as might well make the hair of godly men's heads stand upright for that night.
- 1950, C. S. Lewis, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Collins, 1998, Chapter 2,
- […] the streams would run with wine instead of water and the whole forest would give itself up to jollification for weeks on end.
- 1872, Sheridan Le Fanu, "Mr. Justice Harbottle," Chapter 2, in In a Glass Darkly,