josh (plural joshes)
- An instance of good-natured banter.
- (transitive) To tease someone in a kindly or friendly fashion.
- (intransitive) To make or exchange good-natured jokes.
- 1902: We are old friends, did I not tell you? So I may, what you Americans call, josh with him. — Jack London, A Daughter of the Snows
- 2013, Russell Brand, Russell Brand and the GQ awards: 'It's amazing how absurd it seems' (in The Guardian, 13 September 2013)
- Boris, it seems, is taking it in this spirit, joshing beneath his ever-redeeming barnet that Labour's opposition to military action in Syria is a fey stance that he, as GQ politician of the year, would never be guilty of.
(transitive) To tease someone in a kindly fashion
(intransitive) To make or exchange good-natured jokes