Jump to navigation Jump to search
kaypoh (plural kaypohs)
- (Singapore, Malaysia, slang) To act as a busybody, to pry into the business of others.
- 2000, Hwee Hwee Tan, Foreign Bodies, →ISBN, page 236:
- I thought through every angle, then Jesus decides to kaypoh and mess everything up.
- 2014, Mānoa - Volume 26, page 38:
- Don't kaypoh so much. Locked door, not allowed to go inside, means don't go—understand?
- 2016, Jason Erik Lundberg, The Epigram Books Collection of Best New Singaporean Short Stories, →ISBN:
- Puay Sim interrupted, clacking her chopsticks decisively over a slice of fried fish. “If you don't know them, don't kaypoh, Mum.