Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
keep company (third-person singular simple present keeps company, present participle keeping company, simple past and past participle kept company)
- (transitive, intransitive, idiomatic, dated, euphemistic) To court.
- It was rumoured that the lady and the gentleman were keeping company.
- He was keeping company with her.
- (intransitive, idiomatic) To socialise.
- If you care about your reputation you ought to be careful whom you keep company with.
court — see court
socialise — see socialise