Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- An orchid of the subfamily Cypripedioideae, distinguished by their slipper-shaped pouches which trap insects to improve pollination rates.
- The type species of this subfamily, Cypripedium calceolus.
- The subfamily Cypripedioideae of Orchidaceae, was formerly regarded a taxonomic family, Cypripediaceae.
- (orchid of the subfamily Cypripedioidae): lady's slipper orchid, slipper-orchid
- (Cypripedium calceolus): slipper-orchid
orchid of the subfamily Cypripedioideae