Extension of loony by reference to the cartoon series Looney Tunes.
looney tunes (comparative more looney tunes, superlative most looney tunes)
- (colloquial, humorous) Loony, crazy, insane.
- 1988, Denise Ohio, The Finer Grain, Naiad Press, ISBN 0941483118, page 23,
- He'd look at me sort of sideways and say all the time, you're losing it, Amy, honey, you are going looney tunes.
- 2002, Tony Spivey, Covered Ground, Iriswhite Publishing, ISBN 097110722X, page 12,
- I thought him crazy. / Pure looney tunes.
- 2004, Lee Driver, The Unseen, Full Moon Pub., ISBN 096660217X, page 35,
- "Well, you should have found out if she was looney tunes first."