Jump to navigation Jump to search
luau (plural luaus or luau)
- An elaborate Hawaiian feast featuring traditional foods and entertainment.
- 2012, Julia Flynn Siler, Lost Kingdom, Grove Press, published 2012, page 13:
- Other Americans and Europeans also made their way into court, drawn by its brilliant pageants and lavish lū‘au, or feasts.
- 2014 July 7, Hermione Hoby, “Mike Myers: why I made a film about supermensch Shep Gordon”, in The Guardian:
- MM: No secrets for him because he's the king of Hawaii. And so he said, "Do you want to come to a luau with Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger and Whoopi Goldberg?"
- lūʻau on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Pukui, Mary Kawena; Samuel H. Elbert (1986), Hawaiian Dictionary, Honolulu: University of Hawai‘i Press, →ISBN, p. 214
luau m (plural luaus)
- luau (elaborate Hawaiian feast)