Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: matérialise and matérialisé
material + -ise; compare with French matérialiser
materialise (third-person singular simple present materialises, present participle materialising, simple past and past participle materialised)
- Non-Oxford British English standard spelling of materialize.
- 2020 January 2, Conrad Landin, “Strife and strikes in post-war Britain”, in Rail, page 51:
- J H Thomas, the union's general secretary, argued in a letter to union reps on September 23  that "the long-made promise of a better world for railwaymen which was made at the time of the nation's crisis, and accepted by the railwaymen as an offer that would ultimately bear fruit, has not materialised".
- L Picknett: Encyclopaedia of the Paranormal (1990) "The dead materialised in full form ..."
- Alistair McLean: (1969) " ... he materialised a taxi out of nowhere."