Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
mayhap (not comparable)
- (rare) maybe, perhaps, possibly, perchance:
- 1871, Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass, Chapter VI, 
- I'm one that has spoken to a King, I am: mayhap you'll never see such another […]
- 1895, Fiona Macleod, "The Sin-Eater" in The Sin-Eater, The Washer of the Ford and Other Legendary Moralities, New York: Duffield & Co., p. 12, 
- Then I heard the rush, the stamping and neighing, of some young mares, pasturing there, as they raced to and fro, bewildered or mayhap only in play.
- 1983, Peter De Vries, Slouching Towards Kalamazoo, Boston: Little, Brown & Co., Chapter 4, p. 50,
- Who would not adore Mom and admire old Ma Pettigrew? There is one of each on your street, the younger mayhap heading for the tribulations already unmurmuringly borne by the older.
- 1871, Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass, Chapter VI,