Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) to look for, to seek (to look for something until one finds it)
- (transitive, archaic, folksy) to visit someone
- (transitive, formal) to approach (to make an official written request to authorities)
- (transitive) to find, find out (to discover the cause, solution, implementation options of something, as by asking, investigating, or experimenting)
- (transitive) to earn (to receive payment for work, here the payment is not less than a value of something)
- Megkeresett annyit, hogy kocsit tudjon venni. ― S/he earned enough to buy a car.
conjugation of megkeres
- megkeres in Bárczi, Géza and László Országh: A magyar nyelv értelmező szótára (’An Explanatory Dictionary of the Hungarian Language’). Budapest: Akadémiai Kiadó, 1959–1962.