- simple past and past participle of mess up
messed up (comparative more messed up, superlative most messed up)
- In disorder.
- Synonyms: fucked up, off-kilter, unbuttoned
- (colloquial) Intoxicated, drunk.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:drunk, Thesaurus:stoned
- (colloquial) Morally reprehensible; clearly and grossly objectionable.
- Synonyms: awful, horrible, sick, fucked up, objectionable
Publishing those photos of the car crash was messed up.
- (colloquial) Damaged.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:deteriorated, Thesaurus:broken, Thesaurus:wounded