Jump to navigation Jump to search
- disordre (obsolete)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dɪsˈɔːdə(ɹ)/
- (General American) IPA(key): /dɪsˈɔːɹdɚ/
Audio (GA) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)də(r)
- Hyphenation: dis‧or‧der
- Absence of order; state of not being arranged in an orderly manner.
- After playing the children left the room in disorder.
- A disturbance of civic peace or of public order.
- The class was thrown into disorder when the teacher left the room
- The army tried to prevent disorder when claims the elections had been rigged grew stronger.
- (medicine, countable) A physical or mental malfunction.
- Bulimia is an eating disorder.
- (absence of order): chaos, entropy; see also Thesaurus:disorder
- (disturbance of civic peace): See also Thesaurus:riot
absence of order
disturbance of civic order or of public order
physical or psychical malfunction
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
to throw into disorder
to knock out of order or sequence