Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (education, countable) A school which crosses the traditional divide between primary school and secondary school.
- (education, uncountable) An educational level or stage between primary school and secondary school.
- 2018, Clarence Green, James Lambert, “Advancing disciplinary literacy through English for academic purposes: Discipline-specific wordlists, collocations and word families for eight secondary subjects”, in Journal of English for Academic Purposes, volume 35, →DOI, page 107:
- These authors argue that lists based on university-level reading material cannot be directly imported into contexts such as middle school since the lexical profiles of subjects and their vocabulary demands are different.
- middle school student (translation hub)
school containing both primary and secondary students