Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
miscue (plural miscues)
- (sports) In a cue sport, an error in hitting the ball with the cue.
- (theater) The act of missing one's cue or of responding to a cue intended for another actor.
- A miss of the object one intended to hit.
2010 December 28, Owen Phillips, “Sunderland 0 - 2 Blackpool”, in BBC:
- Some comical defending involving two terrible clearances saw Kingson called on to block Welbeck's strike and then Evatt made amends for his shocking miscue by heading Bent's powerful follow-up over the bar.
- (theater) To give an incorrect cue.
- (transitive) to mishit, strike incorrectly.
2012 April 18, Phil McNulty, “Chelsea 1 – 0 Barcelona”, in BBC Sport, archived from the original on 8 May 2016: