misunderestimation (plural misunderestimations)
- (nonstandard) An inaccurate underestimation, or an act of misunderestimating.
- 1983, "Mr. Peck", Department of Transportation and related agencies appropriations for 1984: Hearings, page 157:
- We find even in our own agency very significant misunderestimations of the effectiveness.
- 2009, January 15, “Gail Collins”, in He’s Leaving. Really.:
- This is not the first time our president has worried about misunderestimation, so it’s fair to regard this not as a slip of the tongue, but as something the president of the United States thinks is a word.
- As with the root misunderestimate, this is usually but not always employed in jocular reference to former US President George W. Bush.