Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of or resembling a monolith.
- Consisting of a single chunk of hard material rather than an assembly of discrete parts.
- A monolithic chunk of titanium with facets for cutting, wrenching, and prying.
- (figuratively) Having a massive, unchanging structure that does not permit individual variation.
- Mainstream culture is hardly the monolithic bloc that its caricaturization often implies.
- (figuratively) Of a single structure, a singular component; instead of an assembly.
- Monolithic space stations only have a single station module.
- (software engineering) Consisting of a single program or codebase.
- Antonym: modular
- Monolithic kernels perform all operating system duties in kernel space.
of or resembling a monolith
having a massive, unchanging structure that does not permit individual variation