Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To make something or someone into a monster.
2010, Forrest J Ackerman, Vampirella Archives, volume 1, page 331:
- "IRON-ON" MONSTERS Itie newest way to "Monsterize" your shirts. T-shirts, sweat shirts, jeans, jackets, notebooks-any tiling
- To give someone a very bad reputation; demonize, vilify.
2003, Belinda Morrissey, When women kill: questions of agency and subjectivity, page 25:
- Vilification/monsterization denies agency by insisting upon the evil nature of the murderess, thus causing her to lose
2002, Mark Thornton Burnett, Constructing 'monsters' in Shakespearean drama and early modern culture, page 93:
- The particular conjunction of politics and 'monsters' in Richard III 'monsterizes' an already 'monstrous' language and institution, a reflection of the level of anxiety generated by the succession crisis in the 1590s.
2006, Michael Finkel, True Story: Murder, Memoir, Mea Culpa:
- “I'd admit the past & monsterize myself in the eyes of the jury,” he wrote. “I would try to be emotionless, to add credibility to that monsterization.