- A Brazilian stew based on fish, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and cilantro
- 2005 November 4, Martha Bayne, Kate Schmidt, Mike Sula, “Chichi Sushi in Uptown, Nuevo Latino on the Near South Side, and the Ultimate Serbian Bakery”, in Chicago Reader:
- But the standout of the evening had to be the moqueca do mar, a seafood stew with a kick-ass tomato-coconut milk broth perfumed with saffron and served with a little silver dish of rice and a few tostones.
- 1999 February 26, Don Rose, “Restaurant Tours: Nuevo Latino is heating up”, in Chicago Reader:
- Now he serves up such Bahian specialties as moqueca, a zesty shellfish stew simmered in rich coconut milk and rice ($16).
moqueca f (plural moquecas)