Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive, now rare) To interpret (a story etc.) as mythological; to explain the symbolic meaning of. [from 17th c.]
- 1603, John Florio, transl.; Michel de Montaigne, The Essayes, […], printed at London: […] Edward Blount […], OCLC 946730821:, II.10:
- Most of Æsopes fables have divers senses, and severall interpretations: Those which Mythologize them, chuse some kinde of colour well-suting with the fable; but for the most part, it is no more than the first and superficiall glosse […].
- (intransitive) To construct a myth or mythology. [from 17th c.]
- (transitive) To make (something or someone) into a myth; to create a legend about. [from 19th c.]