Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of or pertaining to the post World War II international relations movement of neorealism.
- (film) Of or pertaining to the post-World War II Italian movement of neorealism, which focused on realistic portrayals of daily life
- (art) Of or pertaining to the neorealism movement in art, which emerged in Britain around 1914
neorealist (plural neorealists)
- An adherent of neorealism
2009, January 13, “Dave Kehr”, in New DVDs: Roberto Rossellini:
- Rossellini was one of a diverse group of filmmakers, including Luchino Visconti and Vittorio De Sica, who became known as neorealists for their determination to get out of the studio and rediscover a sense of gritty, working-class authenticity.