Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: nétiquette
- (Internet) Conduct while online that is appropriate and courteous to other Internet users, and may be expected or enforced by others.
- [1992 December 1, William Grimes, “Computer as a Cultural Tool: Chatter Mounts on Every Topic”, in The New York Times, page C13:
- Manners count. On Usenet, the term is netiquette, and in the soap-opera group that Ms. Baym studied, it resembles professional courtesy.]
- 2010 May 5, June Casagrande, “A Word, Please”, in Burbank Leader:
- I have bad netiquette. Every week this column ends with information on how to write to me. And, every six to 12 weeks, I get around to checking my e-mail.
appropriate conduct online