Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (degree) Pleasingly, adequately.
- The pie came out of the oven nice and hot.
- 1997 March, Jonathan Dorn, “Boots for little feet”, in Backpacker, volume 25, number 2, page 212:
- so be sure to lace their boots up nice and tight for maximum ankle support.
- 1996, Arlen Roth, Hot guitar:
- Keep those bass notes nice and steady, and you'll be in good shape.
- Precedes an adjective or adverb.
- Pronouncing "and" with a full vowel would probably lead to the inference that "nice" was an independent adjective