Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: non-toxic
nontoxic (not comparable)
- Not toxic; not poisonous.
- Hypernyms: harmless, innocuous
- Synonym: nonpoisonous
- Antonyms: poisonous, toxic
nontoxic (plural nontoxics)
- A substance that is not toxic.
- 1997, Karen Logan, Clean House Clean Planet, page 101:
- I've simplified car cleaning to just the basic nontoxics.
- 2008, Phil Bourjaily, “New Age Birdshot”, in Field & Stream, volume 113, number 2, page 26:
- The point is that increasingly we'll have two choices: fight lead bans and lose, or learn what nontoxics work for upland birds.