Jump to navigation Jump to search
nontroversy (plural nontroversies)
- A supposed controversy that does not exist or is of little importance.
- 1995 February 11, Stang, Rev. Ivan, “FIST:Rev-X Outs:Silent Radio”, in alt.slack, Usenet, retrieved 2016-12-10, message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
- It is a terrible shame that the media only helps to covers this up "as a national security measure," while they serve us a diet of needless sporting events and contrived international political situations, >nontroversies< designed to distract even the most brilliant humans into complete and total docility.
- 1997 June 29, Lynch, David F, “Yellow Shark controversy”, in alt.fan.frank-zappa, Usenet, retrieved 2016-12-10, message-ID <email@example.com>:
- You gotta be fuckin' kidding me. I never had a doubt in my mind that the audience was applauding for the song and not the political statement (it _was_ at the _end_ of the song, recall). Seems like a complete nontroversy to me. Furthermore, the remark is decidedly _not_ anti-abortion!
- 2009, Phil Plait, Bad Astronomy, Discover Magazine
- This will, I hope, be my last post about astrology for a while. Until and unless, at least, some other nontroversy pops up.