Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Fear or dislike of one's stepmother.
- 1999 November 18, DLSprunk, “Fear of YCW?”, in alt.fan.mark-brian, Usenet:
- . Or maybe you have novercaphobia—that is, fear of your mother-in-law.
- 2000 October 30, dawnems, “WoooooooooooHooooooooo!”, in alt.games.final-fantasy, Usenet:
- I can understand Novercaphobia though. ;) What the evil stepmom.. Look at Cinderella..?
- 2013, Gitty Daneshvari, School of Fear: The Final Exam, →ISBN:
- More decades ago than a chimpanzee can count, a widower by the name of Mr. Wellington brought his son, Abernathy, to School of Fear. The boy was in desperate need of help due to a most irrational fear of stepmothers, also known as novercaphobia. But as fate would have it, Mrs. Wellington, then known as Ms. Hesterfield, and Mr. Wellington fell madly in love. Of course, they tried to hide their feelings from Abernathy, but he soon discovered their love letters, which sent him on a downward spiral.