Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Numbers
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈnʌmbɚz/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈnʌmbəz/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: num‧bers
- plural of
numbers pl (plural only)
- Many individuals as a group.
- 2001 — Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl, p 50
- Unlike fairies who could produce only a single child every twenty years, Mud People bred like rodents. Numbers would subdue even magic.
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of number