nun + -hood
nunhood (countable and uncountable, plural nunhoods)
- The status or condition of being a nun.
- 2005, Judith Arnold, The Fixer Upper, Mira (2005), →ISBN, page 337:
- "She's Jewish," Harry muttered. "Nunhood is out of the question."
- Nuns as a group.
- 2007, William E. Deal, Handbook to Life in Medieval and Early Modern Japan, Oxford University Press (2007), →ISBN, page 43:
- She entered the nunhood after her husband's death and became a well-respected tutor of high-ranking noblemen and noblewomen.