Jump to navigation Jump to search
odontometer (plural odontometers)
- (mechanical engineering) An odontograph.
- (philately) A perforation gauge.
- 1872, “Reviews of Postal Publications”, in The Stamp-Collector's Magazine, volume 10, page 110:
- The idea of an odontometer is due to Dr. Magnus—the very word, signifying literally a tooth-measurer, was laid down by him; and in Le Timbre-Poste, five years ago, the first odontometer was published by him in illustration of an article on perforations.
- (dentistry) A device for measuring teeth, used in orthodontia and for creating crowns.