Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for offshoot in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
offshoot (plural offshoots)
- That which shoots off or separates from a main stem or branch of a plant.
- the offshoots of a tree
- That which develops from something else.
- an offshoot of a criminal organization
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- offshoot in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- offshoot in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911