Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Overly introspective and inclined to navel-gazing
- The omphalocentric process of self-construction and discovery
- 1967, Time Magazine, “The Inheritor: Man of the Year 1966”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- 'For the Man of the Year 1966 is a generation: the man—and woman—of 25 and under. ... Omphalocentric & Secure. What makes the Man of the Year unique?'
- 1999, Robert Langan, “What on Closer Examination Disappears”, in American Journal of Psychoanalysis, DOI:10.1023/A:1021496922983, page 92:
- Some would have it that psychoanalysis is an omphalocentric, self-indulgent waste of money and time, best avoided so that one can take the proper pill and properly get on with the business of living.