Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: oníric
- Alternative form of
- An oniric feeling permeates the whole film.
- The foggy effect gives an oniric feeling to the whole picture.
- 1923, Clinical Diagnosis: Case Examination and the Analysis of Symptoms, Vol. 2, p. 785–786:
- Oniric or dream-like delirium is by far the commonest form the non-specialized practitioner has occasion to witness. [...] Oniric delirium is an actual somnambulistic state, a second state.
- 2006, Gigliola Nocera, "Raymond Carver's America profonda", Journal of the Short Story in English, No. 46, online version:
- It may also reveal itself through a couple's mourning over a lost love which, mysteriously sublimated at the oniric level, suddenly surfaces as in the dreams of the protagonist in "Fat", or revisited through the Faulknerian theme of incest between a brother and sister, as in Furious Seasons.
- "oniric", MondoFacto Medical Dictionary
declension of oniric