See also: openside
- (rugby) the portion of the field which is larger as measured from a scrum or breakdown to the touchline
- (rugby) a position in the last row of forwards on that side, more fully open-side flanker, designated with number 7
- (rugby) a player in that position
- 2011 September 24, Ben Dirs, “Rugby World Cup 2011: England 67-3 Romania”, in BBC Sport:
- Up front, skipper and open-side Lewis Moody looked almost back to full fitness, while England's set-piece was barely troubled, albeit against a Romania side showing 11 changes from that beaten by Argentina earlier in the week.