Jump to navigation Jump to search
orbitally (not comparable)
- (sciences) By means of or in relation to orbit
- Patterns of glaciation have been orbitally influenced.
- 2002, J.T. Harvey, “Estimating census district populations from satellite imagery”, in International Journal of Remote Sensing, volume 23, number 10:
- The task of population estimation differs in three important respects from many other applications of orbitally acquired data.
- (physics, chemistry) By means of or in relation to an orbital or orbitals
- 1999, Jeroen van den Brink & Daniel Khomskii, “Double Exchange via Degenerate Orbitals”, in Physical Review Letters, volume 82, number 5:
- The eg levels, or bands, in which the charge carriers move are orbitally degenerate.