Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (pathology) A painful inflammation of one or both testes.
- 2004, Stephen S. Sternberg, Stacey E. Mills, Darryl Carter, Sternberg's Diagnostic Surgical Pathology - Volume 1, →ISBN, page 2154:
- It has been well studied, however, and helps to understand the evolution of other orchitises (197).
- 2010, Frank J. Domino, The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2011, →ISBN, page 863:
- Avoid corticosteroids for mumps orchitis as they can reduce testosterone concentrations and increase testicular atrophy.
- 2013, Gottfried Lemperle, Jürg Nievergelt, Plastic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery: An Atlas, →ISBN, page 63:
- This condition is encountered in Klinefelter's Syndrome, in primary hypogonadism, following orchitides, and during chronic hemodialysis.
painful inflammation of one or both testes