Jump to navigation Jump to search
otologist (plural otologists)
- A doctor specializing in otology. [from 19th c.]
- 2007 September 4, Jamie Talan, “Early Action Proving Crucial to Hearing Success”, in New York Times:
- “We need to identify children early and provide them with hearing tools and training by the time they are 6 months,” said Dr. John Greinwald, a pediatric otologist at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.
- 2012, Rupert Christiansen, ‘Quiet, Please’, Literary Review, Sep 2012:
- Today's teenagers are siphoning dangerous levels of membrane-damaging noise directly into their eardrums, with long-term effects that otologists prophesy will be disastrous for their hearing and lead to an epidemic of middle-aged deafness in the next thirty years.