over- + construct
overconstruct (third-person singular simple present overconstructs, present participle overconstructing, simple past and past participle overconstructed)
- (transitive) To place too great a construction upon; to exaggerate.
- 1996, Veit Erlmann, Nightsong: Performance, Power, and Practice in South Africa (page 119)
- The first is a caveat against the tendency to overconstruct a link between patterns of urban dwelling and cultural practices in South Africa.
- 2012, Fritz Zwicky, Morphological Astronomy (page 26)
- Very often theorists are prone to overconstruct facts, that is to endow them with greater meaning than is warranted by the observations.